Friday, April 22, 2005

Sapna Book Stall Sucks!!

I know its bad to be derogatory about somebody or something.But this was the feeling i was left with when i left sapna book stalls last monday. I was on a high that day,and when u r on a high u naturally get into a splurging mood(atleast that happens with me.) So i contemplated what to spend my money on ?clothes,books,Cd's ?I finally decided to upgrade my bookshelf which hasn't seen a new book cover for ages. I had a couple of books in mind and went in fully enthusiastic to make myself a mega customer to sapna.

So I went in and directly went to a bloke in a sapna uniform and asked for "The way of the peaceful warrior" by Dan Milliman,that was the first book in my list. He gave me an incredulous look,i didn't know whether that look meant "is this guy from earth,whoever reads such books?" or "is that a book?" or "is there a guy by that name who writes books?" .He grudgingly directed me to another guy who had a computer at his disposal and he put in the names to do a search and the computer being the fantastic invention it is promptly displayed no entries for both the book and the author.Sigh.. There goes my first book in the list.But i still had enough to plow through so i cheerily went in search of the next book. "The road less travelled" by Scott Peck, i asked perkily, "no stock" came the prompt reply.Another stumble.i already began to feel the initial high ebbing. Ok,I said "all is not lost"-i still had that last ounce of energy left and asked for the edward de bono section.After being directed there i was dismayed to see it didn't contain the books i wanted. I pointed this out to a staff to which he promply brought a book and took down the names of the book i wanted as if emphasising they will deliver the book to my house itself and customer satisfaction was their utost priority. I was completely crestfallen by that time. So as a last passing shot asked for "Surely,u r joking ,Mr.feynman" as i wanted to own a copy of that book. After a few searches came the reply "no stock,sir". Thats it! I left sapna cursing and deciding never to come there again and if a MR.ANYONE asks me if sapna is good.Pat will come my reply "SURELY,U R JOKING,MR.ANYONE".(Wow,i am commending myself over the last sentence).

1 comment:

vevck said...

Next time try out @ LandMark or CrossWord, i guess you will enjoi the experience.