Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Godspeed, my brother!

Monday shall be a new morning
one never seen before
my brother, you shall scale a height unseen before
as the known forms of life fade away and all you have are your climbing buddies,
know that the sun shining on a cloudless afternoon is your best teacher
the billion stars on that chilly night shall shine as bright as your dreams
the calm, smiling moon shall be your friend and soul mate
don't shudder if an unexpected challenge comes
its just mother earth's way of saying "I love you and i'll take care of you"
may fortitude be your armor

rock on my brother! Godspeed!



I have recollected this poem a hundred times on Denali which gave me a lot of strength.Thanks to this very special person who sent it to me before i climbed denali and who has made a ton of difference in my life!

No comments: