Sunday, August 24, 2008

Scream ....








Yesterday was scream day! I am a sucker for amusement parks and we had gone to valley fair which is the local summer amusement park in Minnesota and we had a blast. My aim was to sit through all the level 5(5 being highest)thrill rides and roller coasters and I did!! Yay!
I have added a few snaps of the rides flicked from the net.

My body went through every damn possible rotation,G-forces,twists,turns,free-falls and in the end after 10 hours i was left panting for more. It was a crazy day!
Bhargav being a good sport as always accompanied me on all the rides without much grumbles.The others (all 20 somethings) decided to opt out of a few quoting cold legs,old age,weak heart,high blood pressure. :)

Sumithra who did not join us on even one ride the entire day always quoting 'I don't want to die on a ride with a heart attack' was finally coaxed into a level-4 ride(we told her its a kid's ride..more like a goods train compared to the other rides..wink) and it was really fun to see her ecstasy and relief after completing that ride.Me - being her lucky partner got to see all her expressions and had a fun time mimicking her after the ride. She was a great sport to overcome her fear and come, i think that is what amusement parks are all about,overcoming your fear and putting your body and mind through all the new experiences and to see if it can sustain it and still have fun.:) Hey,thats my perspective,okay!

I happened to run into Sharon at the fair and it was so wonderful to see her.

It was a fun gang and a fun day with loads of screams, I have screamed myself hoarse and need to rest my throat a bit.

Book reading - Rebel by albert camus
Song listening - Be yourself - Audioslave

No comments: