Monday, November 24, 2008

3 miles..

Its always fun to discover yourself in someway, to accomplish something and feel good about yourself and to explore your limits and see if you can push further. I did a 3 mile run today in one stretch at around 7 miles per hour and I felt elated when i achieved that. I know its no big deal for many people but for me its a personal milestone for my body.Though i have hiked 40 miles max,i have never run. Its the first time ever my body has pushed to run and cross the 3 mile mark(it took me all of 27 years to do it,Lol!!) At the end though my legs were ready to collapse i could feel the satisfaction of doing something. I hope i can keep the momentum going and see how far i can stretch.

Somehow while running i kept thinking of Hermes,the olympian god - The messenger of gods in greek mythology,he has winged feet and i thought i was flying and kept running and running. Lol!

No comments: