Saturday, November 08, 2008

Winter is here...

Winter has started. I love the way nature turns herself around.Its like a 'catharsis'- It feels as if she had enough fun and needs sometime alone for herself and self contemplation and just shuts down or sits for a penance or deep meditation(though i know the scientific reasoning too,sometimes the literary reasoning appeals more). Under her direction all her children follow through.The trees have shed their leaves,the animals have all hibernated,the fishes have gone to the innermost depths of the water,the birds have flown. It's cold and dreary and no longer colourful as it was about a month back. The first little white flakes are falling down.

But just as brightness is beautiful,the darkness is also equally beautiful. Its -1 Degrees Centigrade. I put on my coat and stepped out of my apartment and the cold wind hit my face.It was a wonderful feeling.It felt as wonderful as the sun light hits you on a sunny day or the rain on a rainy day. My eyeballs hurt because it immediately went dry because of the cold dry wind,my hands started going numb and i could no longer feel my ears and the tip of my nose stung.But this is another shade of mother nature and i revel in those sensations and feelings which can only be experienced here and in this season. Winter is one of my favourite seasons and i am really looking forward for it.

No comments: