Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Another day of running.6 miles in around 56 mins. Running was hard today.Looks like I had not fully recovered from my sunday run in the sun. Interesting how my body is reacting and struggling to adapt.

The local dogs have got used to me.I encounter around 5-6 packs on my route, yes packs , they are rarely alone.I still remember the first day ,when the sense of a new smell,that too running at around 5:30 am  alerted them from their sleep and few woke up and stood up ready to react, few warning barks and growls,some followed me for a meter or two, thankfully no standoffs occurred.Now ,after months ,they don't even care.They know who I am, some just rely on their smell to figure me out and stick to their cozy sleeping positions, a few more active ones who dont want to rely just on one sense just half open one of their eye, get visual confirmation and happily go back to sleep. Local guards of posh houses who earlier used to look at me in suspicion or curiousity no longer bother, I am now like one of those regular vegetable vendors who keep frequenting those roads who gives an aesthetic appeal to the road but do not matter as a whole. Early in the day motorists do stop to let you cross, yes, just like in US, but later on as the traffic increases all those civilities go for a toss, its every man for himself.

Running in bangalore has been fun and very Interesting.I only wish there were more parks, grounds and trails to run around instead of the roads.Its a pity that land is such a profitable commodity that there is no or very less scope for such free spaces.

2 comments:

Vinatha Rao said...

Such a well written succinct post, Mayur! I visited your blog after a long time today (used to visit more frequently before). I'm pretty impressed you actually tamed those street dogs! I, having been without a dog at home for almost 8 years, have started to fear dogs... especially in the US! :(

Hope to come visit India soon while you are still there!

Vinatha Rao said...

And you're soo right about the vendors' contribution to 'aesthetic appeal' to the city itself! :)