Friday, April 11, 2008

Traffic!

Yesterday , i was walking through the skyways of minneapolis to lunch ,i noticed two people sitting on chairs and doing nothing(atleast i thought they were doing nothing).I didn't take much notice of them then.While coming back after 30 mins i again saw those two guys sitting in the same positions on the chair again doing nothing.This just roused my curiousity.They were not selling anything,they were not sitting for alms(which is rarely heard of in america,atleast i haven't seen much) nor were they distributing anything.I moved a bit closer to them to see if i can figure out anything.When i got closer I saw a tag on one guy which said 'Metro transit-pedestrian traffic control'.When i saw this i did a flip! I just couldn't help feel amused that they have a pedestrain traffic control in USA.These guys had a counter in their hands which they clicked everytime they saw a person crossing by.

I suddenly wondered if such a thing can be implemented in India.The avenue road,majestic,MG road.. I just couldn't help laughing,can they manage to implement anything at all or would it be a mere statistic?I was just imagining things like a traffic signal for pedestrians.A red light to stop,green to go at cross sections of skyways,All pedestrians walk in a single file,a four lane system,for the faster people to go in the left most lane,if you are turning right show a right turn,no stopping - keep walking zones,no chatting zones.Wow!What if the world comes down to that!Probably its far fetched thinking,but for all you know with all these crazy and wierd rules flying around which people have come to accept, i wouldnt be too very surprised if the population decides to break loose and this idea becomes a reality.

I hope i am just playing around with my imagination here! :)

Song listening to- Jesus Etc,Wilco

1 comment:

Anupama said...

With the kind of pedestrian traffic in India, it will be quiet a task to count the number of passers by manually!!! I hope if at all it comes to be implemented in India, it'll be a well paid job!