Saturday, June 28, 2008

BOSE??

I love music. So i decided to go in for a good head phone (good is very relative here,you will understand why). The first brand which came to my mind was of course 'BOSE'. I go all excited to be even searching for a Bose head phone. I think(I think) its the best in class in Audio,nothing can beat it.

But this excitement does not last long.I fortunately or unfortunately hit a audiophile forum.Boy!Did i just get revealed to a completely new world of audio freaks.These guys are truely nuts. I could have never ever imagined that we had such people in the world who appreciated music at such core levels and were so finicky about sounds.They draw charts for bass,trebel,talk about audio clarity at different decibels and in jargon which i really couldn't get much of.

Guess what? Bose is a big No-No for most of them.
Reason being its not professional equipment. It is consumer eqiupment.Also they think its popular because of all the marketing it does and really not worth the hype and produces really cheap sound and not value for money at all.

Here are a few professional audio product manufacturers they talk highly about Shure,Grado,Sennheiser,Ultimate ears,AKG,Koss,Etymotic,Beyerdynamic,ultrasone....Gawk,I had not even heard of most of these products and i had not thought they were so on the top brands.I guess now even i have been biased by these people. Some people go even as far as saying 'Sennheiser for classical and jazz,Gardos for Rock/Blues'. These guys are professional musicians,singers,sound mixers,DJ's... so i guess their opinion holds.
One forum declares its motto thus 'Pursuing the TRUTH in audio'.


Now after reading all this,I suddenly didnt feel the inspiration for getting a Bose head phone anymore, I wanted a better one :) .After a lot of research and considering my budget i finally decided on a Sennheiser which is going to come in next week. I am kind of both skeptical and excited with the purchase. Lets see. Move over Bose.... Sennheiser is here. :) :)

Now i am an audio product expert i must say!! lol!! Not quite as much as those audio philes though .. ha ha ha ..

When i told my friends proudly that i got a sennheiser,they were like ...senn..?what?

Sigh .. you mere consumer marketing scapegoat mortals .. (wink) lol!

1 comment:

Anupama said...

hahahaha! now, is there not a smug leo there! ;)