Monday, June 30, 2008

Counting days or dates?

How do you keep track of time? In days or dates? I observed that the whole of last month i kept track of time in dates till July 20.After july 20th i have been keeping track of time in days.

I found it really amusing that the way we keep time depends on what is important for us. I had an important project install on June 20 ,so for some reason i thought it was very important and for the whole of last month i kept the time in dates,Every new day was either the 11th or 12th or the 13th. When someone struggled with what date it was that day,pat and confident would come my reply.

Funnily after the install went in on June 20th, I have been keeping count of time in days. Every other day is either a monday,tuesday or a wednesday.For me suddenly the weekend has become more important,I dont have any other important dates to look forward to,i wait for the friday. Somebody asked what date it was today and i kept racking my brain a bit to come to the correct number.lol!

Life is so simple and relative when you really dig into it and start oberseving. There is beauty in small things.The 'GOd of Small things' like arundathi roy says. :)

No comments: