Saturday, September 13, 2008

When i was at the top in harsh conditions, I was bemused! These were completely different environments than the safe havens which we were used to living in.This was a completely different world. A very beautiful,cold,harsh part of the world. A part of earth or nature where humans were not welcome. I felt it as a merciless environment.Life seemed so different here.It fascinated me that this too was part of the world we live in,and how oblivious we are cooped up in our own materialistic worlds. Life and survival took a completely different dimension in these environments. I felt small,really small here. All my strength,achievements,money,ambitions,so called ego,prestige etc ..counted to nothing here. I could feel my vulnerability here,the fragility of human life and body here. With the huge mountains silently looming large above you,in front of you and all around you I could only be awed and stare.

Somehow all this fascinates me,it gives me a very different perspective to life,it just casts away that secure shell which we are so used to living in.It kind of humbled me.Maybe thats why i like going back and climbing.

No comments: