Sunday, January 25, 2009

Surprise..

I had an interesting idea when one of my client directors asked me whether i do wedding snaps. I politely said 'No' to her because I have a certain philosophy while taking photographs. I shoot only what i like,for me its a form of expression,the way i look at the world, I see it as an art.I am not in it for money,though i have costly equipment,many people fail to see that. But still she did put in an interesting idea. For me suddenly the question popped up..can i sell my photographs? in a common arena where hundreds of really professional photograhers sell their photographs? It was intriguing and challenging. My curiousity got the better of my idealism and i did post 10 of my photos in an online forum where they sell photographs. 8 of them got accepted,Philosphy is simple,you get paid if someone wants your photograph,I did not have much expectations as i see there are some truly fantastic photographers out there. I logged in after nearly 20 days today and surprisingly i have 40 hits in 20 odd days,it felt so good that 40 people wanted my snaps and to top it i get some royalty money,not too much though and dont start getting ideas. :) Photography talent has real cheap value till you get to a certain level..

2 comments:

roadtriplife said...

coolamma - treak haakisbidu ;-)

Raj Jain said...

Great... Can you please share details of the forum?