Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I stand.I stand alone.I can feel the water dripping on the back of my neck once every three or four seconds from a bundled matt of my uncombed hair.I have a light sweater.I did not foresee the rain.i wait.I can feel my sweater putting up a brave fight to do it's job of keeping me warm and dry.I can feel it weakening,slowly relenting to the combined forces of wind and water.I wait.I shift my attention to the surroundings.it's fall.I stoically look at the red hue turned tree.it's showing off it's brightest colours before it's demise.the forces have already reached my skin.my body sends a shiver down to do it's best to protect itself. I feel the falling raindrops strangely soothing on my face.I can feel it's impact and a tiny stinging feeling where it lands.the air is fresh but cold.I wait.I look to the sky.it's dark.too dark for this time of the day I think .I pull up my drenched sweater and look at the watch.I see the second hand ticking away.I gaze at it's movement for about 13 seconds.life is passing.I wait.

No comments: