Monday, October 20, 2008

New hairdo!

I have a new hair style -what kind? The no-hair kind. :) Yup, I just went to the barber and asked to shave off my head. I had about 6 inches of hair on my head and he almost fainted when i made the request. Funnily he himself was a bald guy! He pointed to his head and said ' You will become like me' . ' Once hair is cut, its gone!' - I retorted 'No big deal! It will grow back in 3 months,go ahead! '. It took him all of 3 mins to do his job,he went over my head like a lawnmover cutting grass on an overgrown lawn.After it was done- I said 'Perfect'. For that i paid 14$+3$ tip.Lol!! He was incredulously looking at the 3$ tip. I said 'Have a nice day' and left the shop. He just couldn't stop staring at me or my head!! Must have been thinking 'Crackpot!' Lol.

People flipped when they saw me! Many of them passed by me without even recognising me! Many stared at me as if i was a stranger when i said 'Hi' to them.

One of my more India-knowledgeable clients had a serious look on his face when he saw my bald head and asked seriously 'Somebody died?'. Lol!! I flipped when he asked me that!!

I became the talk of the town for a couple of days. People ran over to my desk to have a look at my shaven head. So after the 'Shock and Awe' effect subsided i have followers now. Today,one of the guys from TCS who sits across my aisle got a similar haircut,when i ran into him and looked at his head in surprise he grinned and said 'Inspired by you! ' Lol!!

So, it was good fun the first couple of days,now both people and myself alike have got used to it! :)

Here is how i look now, I unfortunately did not take a snap immediately after the cut, I have considerable hair growth now.


2 comments:

Anupama said...

wow!!! First of all - does your mother know? And are you ready to face your grandmother when you come back?!!!

Man, you have really gone bonkers!!! If you have not told Usha chikkamma yet about this, I would really like to be there when you tell her!

I admire your free spirit though!!!

roadtriplife said...

hehehehe - enzaai

it wud hv been quite a scandal if we had a picture immediately after the shave ;-)

BTW ... why?! chumma? :P