Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hell Freezes over!

Though its an Eagles album,that's how i felt this week walking in -25 C or -15 F. Abhishek and myself had this certification exam to take on Monday. Since it was getting late we took a cab and went to the examination center,after our exams got over we thought it wasn't too cold(I am the culprit here saying to abhishek 'can't you take a little cold - mard bano! :) ') and decided to walk home and save some cab money.Little did we realize what we were getting into. The center is about 20 mins from home.

I told abhishek - 'I think the temperature is something around 10 F and shouldn't be too bad'. Boy!!Was i totally wrong. Half way through abhishek tells 'Mayur, I somehow think its lower than 10F - my butt is freezing'. I muse a bit and say 'Yeah, I am also feeling awfully cold and my lips are frozen and i can't talk, It maybe near to zero'. I stupidly don't even have my gloves on and keep my numb fingers within the pockets of my jacket trying to rub my fingers against each other to generate warmth. We trudge along on the snow filled footpath and abhishek says he can feel his toes going numb within his boots and his face is paining because of the numbness. I also experience the same. We keep walking and finally reach home. I rush inside the apartment and I see our neighbour near the door and i can't even speak to her for my lips are numb. After around 15 mins within the regulated 75 F within the house i can feel blood flowing through everywhere.I curiously go and do a google and I flip! It was -15 F temperature outside and we buffoons thought we were eskimos or something and froze our balls and walked in it. Abhishek looks at me and says '10 F huh?'. I smile and say 'Good fun,huh?'.He thinks a bit and then breaks out into a smile and says 'Yeah!'.
Hey! Come on! Not everybody gets a chance to walk in -25 C,do they? Give us some credit.We morons accomplished that and that too for 20 mins:)

No comments: