Sunday, December 21, 2008

Slip and Slide!

Well, After nearly 9 months since last winter I went Ice skating in the indoor rink at downtown. As usual we are the bunch of buffoons,this time trudging along in -30 C. Last winter I had learnt ice skating significantly well and i was not sure whether i still remembered all my skills. I started off gingerly on the ice and within 100 yards of going a guy cut me on my path and i couldn't stop and 'Thud' i fell,hard on my butt. I mused 'Wow,that hurts,its been quite sometime since i fell like this - okay,few more to go today- at this rate i will have a nice shapely hard butt!lol!', I got up and again started. After 5 mins i started gaining my balance and confidence and surprisingly in 15 mins i was back to my old winter state. I was in a bit of awe on the retention capabilities of the brain. All the leg,hand,body and balance learnings came through automatically. I had some thorough fun for a couple of hours!There are some amazing skaters out here who inspire me to reach atleast a fraction of their levels.Looking forward for more this winter!


Me skating!


Fire breathing dragons! It was damn bloody cold!


From left to right - Abhishek, Ankit, myself and nitin (A lady at the bus stop kindly offered to take this snap)



Playing around in the snow!! Its addictive for me, I always feel tempted to touch and throw around snow -though the after effects are painful. lol!

No comments: