Saturday, March 01, 2008

Movie recommendation - 'No country for old men'

'No country for old men' - I was just curious why it won the best film at the oscars,since i didn't get any takers for this movie I decided to go alone.I still dont know why it won the best film ,going by oscars history they have done a complete rope-a-dope. But let me tell you ,from a film making perspective its a master piece.From the first till the end its gripping.I just loved the character of the evil antagonist (he is a psychopathic murderer philosopher -weird combination huh :) but thats how i see him)and the way the movie has been made.There is hardly any or no music in the back ground,the way each shot has been shot just adds to the overall effect.If you love film making as an Art i would definitely recommend you to this.Also it has an unusual ending,I am still trying to figure out the ending. The plot is very simple and straight forward but the movie wins over for the way it has been made.
Javier bardem is a revelation to me in acting.He has done his role so chillingly well,no doubt he deserved an oscar for best supporting role hands down!!His role will go untainted in the pages of well known hollywood villians.

It has some really crisp camera angles and shots which builds up tension and a sense of thrill.

Still i dont know why it deserved a best film oscar - for it does not fall in any of the categories of the so called oscar best film norms.I thought they would have normally ignored such movies giving it best screenplay or cinematography awards.

For me its a fantastically made film .Something like a hitchcockian movie,he had really learned the Art of making movies and gripping his audiences, this dwells on parallel rails to that.

No comments: