Monday, March 31, 2008

This girl made me cry!

In just the previous post i talked about music and how it has the power to affect your emotions.This little girl singing brought tears to my eyes the first time i heard her.I didn't have any words to say after seeing this video.The whole video just moved me-the innocence,the candidness,the talent,the voice,the angelic smile,the maturity,that young playfulness,everything.




Addendum:I just saw this video again and i wondered why i had tears in my eyes the first time i saw this.This song is from the movie 'wizard of oz' and i have also heard it in the movie 'you got mail' and happens to be one of my favourite songs,the lyrics go like this.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?


Probably such a young girl singing this song was what brought those tears.Her eyes when she sings this are mesmerising.I probably got a bit philosophic relating the girls age and the lyrics.

1 comment:

Kavikatha said...

wow!!! Mesmerizing