Saturday, July 19, 2008

Boredom ...

I feel that most of the time in a day I am bored .. Bored of the mundaneness,the routine,the bourgeois.I know I am the creator of this emotion but somehow I cannot quell this emotion and come to terms with it.I loathe the feeling so much sometimes.
I sometimes think.. have most of my interests borne out of this without me realising it? Infact I sometimes think this whole world was defined arising out of boredom.Somebody got bored with living thier routine lives and tried something new or got an idea or created something new. Music,Art,science,Literature,religion etc ..


Now what's the panacea for boredom? Change,randomness,arbitness,exploring the unknown.Ironically the human mind resists the very same things to varying degrees.I want to write more ..but i am bored,i have thought about this too many times to put everything into words ..Lucky are those who do not even realise it.

2 comments:

Anupama said...

Tell me about it! I asked my Guru once why God created man with such a sense of self awarness and such power and at the same time such weakness, she said - cause God was bored, and needed company!!!

Now, that is thought, isn't it?

mawhyyouare said...

Lol! Yeah, Thats a wonderful perpective!