Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vive le Joker!

I have become a huge huge fan of Joker after watching the new batman flick. Hats off to Christopher nolan for brilliant script and direction.Heath ledger,I dont have any words for how he has portrayed his character.I think Bob kane would have been proud to see such a fantastic portrayal of his character.

The Joker character just hooks you by the collar and lifts you and you just cant be awed by his villainy and insidiousness.His philosophy is stunning.Dialogues are fantastic ..here are a few

Batman: [Whilst the Joker is holding Rachel out of a window] Let her go.
The Joker: Oh, very poor choice of words. [Lets her fall]

The Joker: [standing in front of a burning pile of money] This town deserves a better class of criminal, and I'm gonna give it to 'em. Tell your men they work for me now, this is my city.
Mob boss: They won't work for a freak.
The Joker: [Imitating the mob boss's accent] Freak? [Pulling out a small knife] Why don't we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches, hmm?[Joker's thugs pulls away the mob boss] And then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is!



Joker: It's simple, we uh- kill the Batman.
[Men in the room laugh, once again.]
Salvatore Maroni: If it's so simple, why haven't you done it already?
Joker: One thing I've learned is if you're good at something, never do it for free.

I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

Do I look like I have a plan? I don't have a plan. The mob has plans, the cops have plans. You know what I am, Harvey? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.


Its been really quite a while since i have gotten so excited after seeing a character portrayal,the last was the performance of Javier bardem as 'Anton Chigurh' in 'no country for old men'.

2 comments:

Anupama said...

you have inspired me to go see this Batman movie! I have never really been a fan of such movies, the only ones I've watched and liked are the Spiderman series...
The only thing I remember about such fantastical action movies is Robocop and how immersed u and Pranav used to be - to the extent of punching the air without taking your eyes off the TV as the hero bashes the bad guys! :)

But I really liked the dialogue about plans here - dog chasing cars...Hey, is he describing me there by any chance??!! :D

mawhyyouare said...

Ha ha ha .. Yeah. I am very much into fantasy movies. I like the creativity and abstractness and the utopian ideas which such movies protray.